Many of these were written during my math class; I'm not sure why, but it seemed a scenario conducive to writing. I'd be happy to let anyone use my poetry, as long as they ask and give me credit. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, June 17, 2011

Waiting at the RMV

Sitting on a wooden bench,
I watch prime-time TV,
except that this degraded wretch
does not try to please.

There is no humorous slop
to pass my time away
all I watch is advert crap
and pray to God for days away.

This waiting in this waiting-room
is not what I'd call fun
the plain white walls and wooden trim
would weary anyone.

I wait for what? You clearly ask,
for that is what I say you do;
I wait so that my friends can bask
in glory of the car I drew

and draw, like horses pull a covered wagon
except instead of cloth-draped pine
I've a metal coated engine
which doth sputter, cough and whine

No comments:

Post a Comment