Many of these were written during my math class; I'm not sure why, but it seemed a scenario conducive to writing. I'd be happy to let anyone use my poetry, as long as they ask and give me credit. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Where I am From

I am from a land of trees.
Though I was born in the city,
and lived and have lived there for years,
that is not where I am from.

My home, more accurately, my house,
is in a town in a city at a train.
My home, the one I'm proud of,
is in a forest, that's where I'm from.

I'm not from Patrick Lydon, or from Florida,
I am from Province Road, despite it being so remote.
It's a camp I've gone to since I was nine,
it's where I'm at home, that's where I'm from

When I'm in my apartment, I feel homesick.
And for this fact i do feel sick
It's like insulting my parents' work
but I can't feel too guilty; it's where I feel I'm from.

No comments:

Post a Comment